We have scheduled our Fresh Air Excursion at Ho'okua'āina where we will be helping tend their taro patch. We encourage our Wild Families (Mom, Dad, sisters, and brothers) to join us.
For more information about the Lo'i, please visit the Ho'okua'āina website.
When: Saturday, February 3rd, 8:00am-12:00pm
ARRIVING BY CAR: The address is 916C Auloa Rd., Kailua, HI 96734 | 3rd driveway BETWEEN C & D.
- IMPORTANT: Please do not turn into the neighbor's driveway A or B
- There is limited parking onsite so please carpool. There is street parking across the street from our driveway and in the surrounding neighborhood.
- They share a common driveway with the neighbors so please be respectful of them and their property as you drive and walk in and out. This is their home.
ARRIVING BY BUS: Drop off is at Maunawili Park: 962 Maunawili Rd, Kailua, HI 96734
- Please text Michele: 808-721-5948 when you arrive at the park.
- Someone from their crew will meet you and walk you over to our site.
- Please have everyone use the bathroom at the park. We have one bathroom on site as well.
A TYPICAL DAY WITH HOʻOKUAʻĀINA
8:00a (or whenever your group can arrive) - Arrive and meet under the tent.
8:00-8:45a - Circle Time, Mana’o o Ka Lā (thought of the day) & Protocol
8:45-11:30a - Activity in the lo’i
11:30-Noon - Rinse off and closing circle
NOTE: We ask that all participants are there at the start of our day so everyone gets the same information and we ask that everyone exits the property no later than 12:30 pm. However we do understand that everyone's schedule is different, you are welcome to leave early if you need.
WHAT TO BRING
Wear Old Clothes (we recommend girls wear a bathing suit under their clothes for easy cleanup)
Towel + Extra Clean Clothes
Plastic Bag (for wet clothes & towel)
Signed waiver or completed online registration
Wild Guides: Joel, Aubrey, Danny B.
- Wild Kids are expected to carry their own backpacks.
- Review our packing list here. Each child must bring two bottles of water and a snack.
- Depending on rain, it can get quite mosquito infested. The best plan is to bring long pants and a light long sleeve shirt to change into if you are getting attacked.